160.0 Interviewing Russell Napier: What the Asian Financial Crisis Wrought
———Ep 160.0 Summary———
Author, reformed lawyer, economic historian and your man from Belfast, Russell Napier, explains why the 1995-98 Asian Financial Crisis set the stage for the Age of Debt (1999-2020) and the coming Era of Financial Repression (2021-??).
———RUSSELL NAPIER BIOGRAPHY———
Russell is chairman of the Mid Wynd International Investment Trust a closed end investment vehicle listed on the London Stock Exchange. He is a member of the investment advisory committees of three fund management companies, Cerno Capital and Kennox Asset Management and Bay Capital. In 2014 Russell founded the charitable venture The Library of Mistakes a business and financial history library in Edinburgh that now has branches in India and Switzerland. Russell has degrees in law from Queen’s University Belfast and Magdalene College Cambridge. He is a Fellow of The CFA Society of the UK and is an Honorary Professor at both Heriot- Watt University and The University of Stirling. His second book which covers the events of the Asian financial crisis and the lessons to be learned from it was published in July 2021.
———RUSSELL NAPIER CONTACT———
The Asian Financial Crisis 1995-98: https://bit.ly/3oAkBMB
Online Course: https://www.didaskoeducation.
Research (institutional): https://www.eri-c.com/
Research (individual): https://russellnapier.co.uk/
Library of Mistakes (Website): https://www.libraryofmistakes.
Library of Mistakes (Twitter): https://twitter.com/
———RUSSELL NAPIER INTERVIEWS———
• @MacroVoices (Oct21): https://bit.ly/2Z57o5h
• @kofinas (Jul21) https://bit.ly/2WU23g4
• @RonStoeferle (Mar21): https://bit.ly/3972Spj
• @RealVision (Feb21): https://bit.ly/3tMYggF
• @MacroVoices (Jan21): https://bit.ly/36Kn5jx
• @MoneyWeek (Dec20): https://bit.ly/3p9YDhL
• @SantiagoAuFund (Nov20): https://bit.ly/39VMokv
• @ttmygh (Aug20): https://bit.ly/3txCmxV
• @TheMarket_CH (Jul20): https://bit.ly/3rsBXef
• @MoneyWeek (Feb20): https://bit.ly/3tN2ncB
Jeff Snider, Head of Global Investment Research for Alhambra Investments. Master of ceremonies, Emil Kalinowski.
———FIND THE TEAM———